– Rep. Valerie Gaydos (R-Allegheny) today announced that $500,000 in grants made possible through the Gaming Economic Development Fund (GEDF) were awarded for improvement projects in the 44th District.
The GEDF is administered by the Redevelopment Authority of Allegheny County (RAAC). It is intended to provide financial assistance to entities to facilitate economic development projects in Allegheny County.
“In these difficult budget times, this grant is extremely valuable and gives our community the opportunity to make some much-needed infrastructure improvements,” said Gaydos. “In addition, clean water and air is essential to the overall health of any community -- but it takes money to keep it clean. That is why I appreciate the state’s commitment to helping our efforts to ensure a cleaner and safer region.
Those groups receiving a GEDF grant include:
• Moon Township – $150,000 for renovations and additions to the Downes Fire Station.
• Findlay Township - $125,000 to upgrade lighting to LED for three locations as well as streetscape improvements on Main Street.
• Ohio Township - $125,000 to remove sediment runoff which enters the water at three locations in Ohio Township as part of the Pollutant Reduction Plan Implementation Project.
• Edgeworth Borough - $50,000 to remove sediment runoff which enter the ways at the McCabe Run-Ohio River Watershed.
• Belle Acres Borough - $50,000 to purchase a Bobcat Excavator for numerous landslide and road erosion projects.
• Moon and Robinson Townships - $100,000 for construction of a trail connector as part of the Montour Run Bridge and Trail project.
“It is rewarding to see our local communities receive some much-deserved attention from the state through this funding,” said Gaydos. “These grants will help offset the costs of important construction and revitalization projects across the 44th District, while also creating jobs in our area.”
The CFA was established in 2004 as an independent agency of the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) to administer Pennsylvania’s economic stimulus packages. The CFA holds fiduciary responsibility over the funding of programs and investments in Pennsylvania’s economic growth.
Representative Valerie Gaydos
44th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Rick Leiner